Thursday, April 17, 2008

Essie Molina = Emo.. :p

I guess it's luck, but it's the same
Hard luck, you've been trying to tame
Maybe it's love, but it's like you said,
"Love is like a role that we play."

But, I believe in you so much
I could die for the words that you say
But, I believe in you so much
I could die from the words that you say

But, you're chasin' the ghost of a good thing
Haunting yourself as the real thing
It's getting away from you again
While you're chasin' ghosts

I guess it's luck, but it's the same
Hard luck, you've been trying to tame
Maybe it's love, but it's like you said,
"Love is like a role that we play."

But, I believe in you so much
I could die for the words that you say
But, I believe in you so much
I could die from the words that you say

But, you're chasin' the ghost of a good thing
Haunting yourself as the real thing
It's getting away from you again
While you're chasin' ghosts

Just bend the pieces til they fit
Like they were made for it
But, they weren't meant for this
No, they weren't meant for this

Just bend the pieces til they fit
Like they were made for it
But, they weren't meant for this

Chasin' the ghost of a good thing
Haunting yourself as the real thing
It's getting away, away, away, away from you again

Chasin' the ghost of a good thing
Haunting yourself as the real thing
It's getting away from you again
While you're chasin' ghosts


Ghost of a Good Thing by Dashboard Confessional.


I cried my ass off after listening to this song. It hit me so hard that I listened to it all day. While walking, cleaning, taking a bath, eating. When my cousin, Judith, came home, I made her listen to the song. Jeff and Arvin became my victims too. They were talking while I made them listen. They continued talking, I continued crying. It's just so... Sad. Because it's making me wake up to reality. Maybe I'm only chasing the ghost of a good thing, maybe I'm only bending pieces to fit. Maybe.

OK, there goes one tissue pack.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

di mo maiisip na malayo ang mga pangarap mo kung abala ka sa trabaho. bumhood mode ka kasi, mahirap maginvest sa pangarap kung wala kang pera. at talagang pinakinggan mo ung kanta para makapagemote ng todo no! di ka nagiisa sa mga ligaw mong pangarap!!

Anonymous said...

i still believe dreams can come true tol.. =) maaaring hindi pa ngayon pero pretty soon you'll get another set of cards, another set of choices.. Basta never get tired of dreaming. We just need to dwell on possibilities... =) And knowing your talent and skills tol, the possibilities would be endless. This, i truly, believe.. =)

Anonymous said...

@blackdarkheart

hehe, you're right. an idle mind is the home of the devil nga talaga.. (siguro..)

hehe, lagi naman talaga akong ma-emote, di lang halata! hehe.. scorpio nga, scorpio.. :p

@hungry_young_poet

hai, doukan desu! ;) arigatou, tolskie! ^___^ you're my ocean, alam mo ba yun? you always "force" me to dream.. :)

Anonymous said...

and you are one of the biggest reasons why that 'eternal optimist' in me refused to die.. =) i will never forget that.. =)