Thursday, December 16, 2010

Emotion with a Z.. :D

I would always have the graphic novel The Dream Hunters (collaboration by Yoshitaka Amano and Neil Gaiman) to thank for in my discovery of Zhang Jingna.



I was amazed by the Amano - Gaiman combination so I wanted to see other artworks that would depict the beauty and grace of the Fox in the story that I fell in love with. (Please purchase the novel if you're interested to know the story! :D) I searched randomly for tags like "fox", "dream hunters", etc in DeviantArt.com when I found Jingna's interpretation of the Fox:
Image scanned by a friend.







I was blown away. It's as if the Fox went to her studio and asked Zhang Jingna to take her pictures. Her interpretation captured what I imagined the fox's appearance and demeanor would be if she's real. :D I browsed through her gallery and instantly became a fan. 'zemotion's gallery is a feast for the eyes, I am telling you. (click on the link to visit her complete list of works.)

But after the "Ooohhhh~" and the "Wow!" I thought, "Yeah, so she's just another good photographer. Big deal." I was ready to shrug her existence off again and move on but as I read her blog (which I follow), she slowly turned into an inspiration. I laughed at her silly dream of becoming a Gundam pilot, pleased to know that she also loves Japanese culture and felt hopeful when she revealed what her equipments were when she was just starting her photography career (For I am dreaming to enter the world of photography too.. :D). I was also humbled by her life experiences, they weren't easy but she survived. :)

So, I like her photography because I think it radiates her personality. Strong, passionate and definitely amazing.. :)


And here's my Strike Freedom, I asked him to do a cute pose for you.. :D Smile, Ms. Zhang Jingna, please know that somebody here in Manila continues to dream and you're one of the reasons why.

0 comments: