Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bite Me

When Papa passed away and Mama was crying her heart inside out, I wanted to play the strong daughter so I said, "Ma, andito pa naman kami eh." to console her.


When my brother left for his apprenticeship on a shipping vessel hours before his birthday, Mama was left crying again like there's no tomorrow. I wanted to make it easier for her this time so I teased her about the tears which pissed her off and made her stop.

But now that's Arvin's about to leave for overseas work, still without any definite date or time when he would be away, just thinking about it makes me feel like a headless chicken.

There's only one thing I know, the world pressed the Pause button.Everything I've known, I've done, I've planned were put on hold so I could digest the news of him being away. Just the thought of him not by my side made me drop everything like a hot potato.

So bite me, Work. Maybe your sting would make me I understand why the only thing which remained constant for more than a decade should change.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Shivers. Hang in there Essie. :)

えすたひめ essie-hime said...

I'm hanging on, literally. xD
Thanks Beanskie, twas nice to see your name again in the comments field. :)

rei_rance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rei_rance said...

I feel you... I felt the same thing the first time I heard that my hubby's going to work on vessel sooner than I thought... the first 4months i tell you was hard but you'll get used to it in no time... just think that your still lucky cause you still can skype... kami ni hubby we text lang months pa ang pagitan nun kasi nga sa vessel siya ndi pa passenger kaya walang wi-fi at least siya land based you can talk all the time... just stay strong... :)

えすたひめ essie-hime said...

Thanks Rei.. :)

Thee's a part of me saying na I'm just over-reacting, a part of me says na hindi ko talaga kaya.

I've been with him everyday for almost half of my life at sa ngayon hindi ko ma-imagine na sa Skype na lang kami magkaka-usap. Wah! Haaay.

messynuthead said...

Aaw Essie! It's time we be the Essie of Essie. *hugz* I just hope the strength we can lend is enough.

No wonder the text you sent when I was elsewhere....

hungry_young_poet said...

I understand how you feel, tolskie.. It won't be easy at first. Francis and I have gone thru the same ordeal, and it was hard. Lagi akong naiiyak. Pero whenever I would think about his reasons for working there and how it had always been his dream to do so, it somehow makes things easier to accept.

Our wonderful partners had always been supportive of our dreams, di ba tolskie? :) Siguro ito din ang chance natin para maiparamdam natin sa kanila yung support na lagi nilang binibigay sa'tin.. :)
*Huuuuuuuuuuggggsss*